It’s almost Christmas…it’s less than a month away and maybe you’ve even started your Christmas shopping.
I certainly have not made a start yet but I came across this great info-graphic about ‘Holiday Spending’. It shows a side-by-side comparison of how much men and women plan to spend at this time of year.
Based on data collected in the US from a survey by BIGinsight, the infographic shows some surprising (and not so surprising) findings:
- Men will spend more this holiday season – Men plan to spend $51 more than women
- Women start shopping earlier than men – 15% of women started their holiday shopping before September
- There is a Gender Gap between gifts for friends and family
- Men plan to spend almost twice as much ($30) as women ($16) on gifts for coworkers; AND plan to spend almost $30 more than women on gifts for their friends
- Women anticipate spending more ($427) on gifts for the family than men ($416)